The HR Team that supports the Corporate Headquarters teams for our US Automotive Parts Group is looking for a Human Resources Assistant. The HR Assistant will support this team by assisting with recruiting, onboarding, employee engagement, well-being and recognition, HRIS management, reporting and payroll processing, invoice processing, file management and other related HR tasks. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. The HR Assistant will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. To succeed in this role, you should be familiar using HR software and tools.
• Will oversee all administrative aspects of a multi-functional HR Department including on-boarding, training, and off-boarding
• Responsible for the new hire process, to include: pre-employment screenings, assessments, new hire orientation and E-Verify; Manage the on-boarding process with employees to include communications prior to start date, first day process, and new hire facility tours
• Disposition candidates and close requisitions in ATS and external job boards; Maintain accuracy of employment tracker as to update hiring managers in a timely fashion
• Maintain records of personnel-related data in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
• Administer random drug screen process for safety sensitivity roles and help drive monthly safety awareness initiatives
• Assist with processing Bi-Weekly payroll and assist with Kronos edits
• Process new hire, promotion and other personnel status changes in HRIS
• Generate and distribute monthly reports to HR Team and Corporate Leadership members
• Facilitate the off-boarding by drafting separation documents and scheduling exit interviews
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent.
• 2 - 4 years of experience in Human Resources supporting diverse teams.
• Professional presence and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times both internally and externally.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills and experience documenting standard operating procedures
• Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and project management skills
• Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Ability to work well under limited supervision.
• Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Previous experience working in PeopleSoft and Jobvite preferred
• Work performed in a typical office environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law