2 Month+ Contract
Pulling phone system data from a Cisco call manager, doing some light verification, and inputting it into a spreadsheet for a different voice services provider
Job Description: Mid-level technical position providing phone system administration, support, procurement, design and guidance to all corporate departments as well as select remote clients. Additionally, this provides fundamental IT services including support, procurement, and project management.
- Support all corporate telecommunications equipment including PBX, ACD, voice mail systems, and video conferencing.
- Provide specific telecommunications product administration, operations, and maintenance including moves, adds, and changes (MAC) for PBX and voice mail systems.
- Provide design input to Manager Voice and Data Communications and provide integration, recording and menu creation as needed for voice mail and Call Pilot systems.
- Evaluate, deploy and manage where appropriate telecommunication applications including OTM, Unified messaging, IP telephony, Symposium.
- Interact with department heads to assess needs and design telecommunication application solutions.
- Provide end user support, troubleshooting, escalation, and track resource availability in area of telecommunications.
- Primary liaison to hardware, maintenance and licensing vendors in area of telecommunications.
- Maintain system backups and interface with offsite storage in area of telecommunications.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for all relevant audio/visual systems.
- Support locations in terminal server configuration, support, and administrative changes.
- Hardware procurement for locations- CRTs, printers, cabling.
- Maintain documentation, warranties, service requests for corporate and locations.
- Provide regular maintenance assistance for computer room, communications rooms, training rooms and secondary computer facilities at the corporate office.
- Video Conference Team member. Provide technical support on all aspects of video conferencing including pre-call testing, technical support and training at the corporate office.
- Resource for other BMC departments and groups as needed.
- Provide regular updates on all projects and tasks.
- Complete projects and assigned tasks with tools and equipment provided.
- Attend scheduled training and seminars relevant to job duties.
- Attend scheduled and unscheduled staff and department meetings.
- Minimum education required: Associate or Bachelors degree in Information Systems or Computer Technology. Applicable work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Special skills required: Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills. Ability to communicate appropriately with associates at all levels within the organization. Demonstrated leadership skills in directing associates in project and daily operations activities.
- Other: Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and use Microsoft Office products proficiently.
- Minimum experience required: 2 years PBX administration with knowledge of telecommunications hardware including Nortel Succession and Option 11. 2 years experience with telecommunications software including Meridian, Call Pilot, and ACD. Basic administration, implementation, scripting, and familiarity with phone set programming. Experience in a support center environment.